Friday 15 August 2008

Maybe he's right??

Today I discovered a list titled Top Ten Worst Albums Ever To Go Diamond.

The albums on it were:

#1: Matchbox 20 - Yourself or Someone Like You
#2: Ace of Base - The Sign
#3: Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
#4: Creed - Human Clay
#5: MC Hammer - Please Hammer Don’t Hurt ‘Em
#6: Linkin Park: - Hybrid Theory
#7: Hootie & The Blowfish - Cracked Rear View
#8: Kid Rock - Devil Without a Cause
#9: Soundtrack - Titanic (Music From The Motion Picture)

and there was no tenth album!!

Nevertheless, the list, based on my experience, is far from bad. The albums by MC Hammer and Linkin Park in particular are something I have always hated, and Hootie came out at the time I was giving up on commercial contemporary music as I had listened to right up until the FOX became a classic rock station in the early 1990s. (In that era, I recall the FOX "rockblocking the Stones" and my recording of the session becoming my staple listening during the early 1990s, during which I though Mick Jagger sang "Rap! Sugar/How come you're den's so dirty/Rap! Sugar/Just like a younger chook" and "Yeah/Yeah/Just like a pack of chooks"!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The one you are missing is Kenny G: Breathless!