Sunday 7 September 2008

An old hobby on a new topic

Although I have moved my tastes and interest in music far away from those artists likely to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I still love trying to predict who is going to be elected and have a great enjoyment for reading other people's opinions about the question. When I was a teenager I used to predict footy results for the coming season and kept my predictions even after I realised they were horribly wrong.

With the 2008/2009 Rock Hall ballot due any time, I have lately been reading about the viewpoints of writers upon who is likely to be among the nine cadidates eligible for induction. Unlike the 2007/2008 ballot where the candidates were known by this time of year, there is still apparently no clues from anyone who watches the Rock Hall as to whom the candidates will be. I did make predictions when the 2007/2008 inductees were announced, but my past experiences tell me that I cannot count on any of my choices even being on the ballot.

No comments: